Suggest a feature or request support for a controller

Hazmap Mix 2 : control 4 parameters in 2 tracks (ideal for djing) instead of 1 on 8 tracks

I just discovered hazmapping and it's great ; what I would like to do is map 4 parameters (volume, one-knob filter, and 2 effects for exemple) on 2 tracks, this will create a good template for djing.

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminStray (Admin, nativeKONTROL) responded  · 

Each instance of the HazMap Mix Mode can control multiple parameters across 8 tracks. The number of parameters depends on the number of Encoder Accessory Buttons available. For example, you’d get 4 with the APC mini and 8 with the Push controllers.

That said, it sounds like the mode already does what you need. If that isn’t the case, please clarify what it is that you’re trying to do that you’re unable to do with the mode currently.

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminStray (Admin, nativeKONTROL) commented  · 

Thanks for clarifying. For a variety of reasons (such as script linking functionality), a mode couldn't operate on groups of 2 tracks. It would either need to operate on groups of 8 tracks or the current track.

What you're asking for could be partially accomplished via MIDI mapping in the Encoder User Mode. You'd simply use MIDI mapping to map your encoders to the parameters you want on two tracks. There are downsides to that (such as MIDI mapping not supporting displays), so I suppose a set-based form of HazMapping could be created. That would work just like MIDI mapping, but would properly support displays.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Sorry, what I mean is : having a sort of Hazmap Track but for 2 tracks at a time, without having to change a mode, or pressing another button.
        So if you have 8 encoders on your controller, 1-2-3-4 are hazmaps for the track A, and 5-6-7-8 for the track B. And the accessory buttons could select which tracks to control.

Feedback and Knowledge Base