Skip to content

Arsenal Feature Requests

This forum allows you to make and vote on features and support for controllers that you’d like to see in nativeKONTROL Arsenal products.

Please make sure to look through current requests (including Declined requests) before adding a new request.

Also, there is no need to vote on requests marked Planned. These will be implemented in a future version of Arsenal regardless of how many votes they receive.

Arsenal Feature Requests

Categories

54 results found

1. concerning LPP arsenal, my request would be the simple possibility to : 1 - choose the 2 colors of the scale mode (the white note and blue root note)
    2 - choose the 4 colors of the DRUM mode
    the Reason is that the launcpadpro is very flashy in dark room …
    insignifiant request , because all what you put in it is really powerfull , everything seems far more logical with those scripts.thx.
    Jideh high

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. One has to switch to session mode and press shift to move the mixer and meter mode grid over by 8 tracks and then back to Meter or Mixer mode.
    Since work is done in Mixer & Meter mode in groups of eight, maybe the arrows in Mix and Meter Mode could become 'bank by 8' arrows?
    Left moves grid left 8 steps, right moves grid right 8 steps, etc...

An option to switch arrows from single track movement to bank x8 movement would be excellent.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Use cases:

Device Mode: I wanna see the Track view for editing Macros

Clip Play Modes: I wanna see the clip view for chopping etc

This is already included in Ableton Lives original Launchpad Pro control script just by toggling the "DEVICE" Button

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is possible in Device Mode as of 1.0.8. There isn’t a way to do in from the Clip Play Modes since there is no available button. It can, however, be done from ClyphX Mode of Global User Mode.

4. In 8x8 Matrix, the possible Settings are limited into 8 Steps.
    Suggestion: by Pressing Shift Key the 8 Pads used to make Finetuning between the 2 last selected Major Steps...So this makes it possible to devide the Fader Range into 64 Increments/Steps instead of 8.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Fine tuning is already possible by holding down Shift and using the two rows of buttons in the center of the matrix for increasing/decreasing parameter values.

5. It would bei great to assign often used Ableton Shortcuts to Global User Mode.

In example: Ctr+L, Ctr.+J, Z,.....

For Looping, Consolidate, Zooming....

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. i would love to incorporate the polyplayground mapping into my push 2 and be able to play it like that. i even have the user text file (its a .py file) that i used on the push 1, if i could get it work on push 2 i would b beyond ecstatic

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. PXT Live & PXT Live Plus support using the touchstrip to control the last selected parameter and it would be amazing if PS2 did the same! I absolutely believe this is the best use of the touchstrip!!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. This would allow to stay focused on a step-sequencing clip, like in pxt-live.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. A multi page panel with added functionality like push one/ableton native konntrol could do it!!

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I'm looking for a way to always be certain what mode is currently active, in other words, always have active mode displayed somewhere.

Use case: I have the matrix modes SESSION and SESSIONRECORD assigned to MODE1 and 2 respectively. Right now, I don't really have a way to always know in which of the two I'm currently in.

The status bar notice is a nice touch, but it won't persist, which necessitates pressing either of the two mode buttons just to make sure I'm operating in the correct mode.

I'd vouch for having it displayed on the controller's…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The LEDs of the mode selection buttons always reflect the mode that is selected.

As far as permanently showing mode info in displays, I’m not sure that would be doable, but I’ll look into it. If it were possible, it would result in losing other info that is displayed (such as track names) though of course.

Help view is not accessible to scripts unfortunately. However, it is possible to create an M4L device that displays mode info quite easily thanks to the M4L interface that Arsenal scripts expose. You can find documentation on it and example devices here:
    https://app.box.com/s/sxxy4vkh0vdbm6m8tx8iuzl9y9d0revf

Update: An M4L device (Arsenal Modes OSD) that can display mode names in a floating window is now available on the repository:
    https://app.box.com/s/sxxy4vkh0vdbm6m8tx8iuzl9y9d0revf

11. It would be great to be able to assign ASCII key commands to buttons in the Kaunch Control XL Arsenal scripts. This would mean we could trigger any function in Ableton to any free button.

There are some functions which aren't available in the ClyphX like "Command M" MIDI Map assignment for example. among many others.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This wouldn’t be possible via scripts alone. Some 3rd party software would be required. We might add something like that into Arsenal at some point, but I don’t have an ETA on it as of yet.

In the interim, it is possible to use 3rd party software in conjunction with ClyphX to accomplish this:
    http://beatwise.proboards.com/thread/1004/tip-sending-keystrokes-clyphx

Update June 9, 2018: After further consideration, it’s been decided that it wouldn’t be worthwhile to add this functionality to Arsenal. Aside from the option mentioned above, a new accessory is available for ClyphX Pro that allows for sending keystrokes and mouse events:
    https://isotonikstudios.com/product/clyphx-pro-keys/

That, of course, can be used in conjunction with Arsenal via modes that offer ClyphX/lClyphX Pro integration.

12. while holding shift to access the IBS page in device mode, there could be a row of buttons used to display the name of the column's parameter on the matrix in a scrolling manner. like when you select a mode on the launchpad pro. then you'd press any button to return to IBS, or just release shift to return to device view.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I would like an option to deactivate the play buttons of a GROUP TRACK on a matrix controller. Ideally, it would result in a column of dimmed pads that would do nothing when pressed, because they would simply function as a visual divider. However, as a somewhat colourblind Launchpad Mini user, I have some difficulties telling some of the LED states apart. If the pad LED states are limited to the options we have in Global User Mode (red, reddim, amber, etc.) I think maybe amberdim or green_dim would work best. To be clear: in Session Split mode,…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. However you refer to it--vertical offset, note interval, or scale layout--it would be nice if the number of semi-tones, or steps in a diatonic scales, could be adjusted. That way, pad performers on limited rows could cover a larger range of notes, open or closed voicings would be encouraged, players could emulate more arpeggiated patterns or jump between registers more readily.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Give users the possibility to change LED behaviour for session mode; without the skin.py file i can't find a way to customise it in order to make my playing clips flashing green instead of solid green which could be not the best solution for live performances.

i managed to do that thanks to the Julien Bayle repository, but of course that only works for the standard apc40 script not for arsenal.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good to hear you found an interim solution and I do appreciate your sharing it. However, I had to remove your comment as it contained instructions which could cause issues and/or confusion for other users if they followed them.

FWIW, user skins are coming in v1.0.3 and will utilize sandboxing (and include instructions of course) to allow for a more user-friendly experience.

Update: This can be done via user skins in v1.0.3.

18. when i trigger x-clip,
    the x-clip makes my launchpad locked to specific track
    If i suppose the action name "Lock X" (X is track number)"

for example,
    Clyphx Action Name : [] ARSENALLPPA Lock 3
    so when i trigger x-clip, my launch pad pro is locked on track 3 without selecting track , then shift + click.
    this is very useful because, when i use 3 different controller with 3 different people, i can move 3 controller's lock state at once.

for example,

x-clip action : [] ARSENALLPPA Lock 3 ; ARSENALLP2A Lock 4…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Color mapping and fixed note values for the pad matrix would allow for other theoretical layouts or "tunings"

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Just a couple of things I'd love to see in the Global User mode:

• Direct device selection (something like DEV SEL 1 - select the first device on the track, DEV SEL 8 - select the eight device)
    • Insert and arm track with MIDI or audio input from the currently selected track. PXT has a feature like this for audio recording; it would also be handy for MIDI, particularly if you want to record output from an arpeggiator.
    1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m not sure I understand the first part of the request as that’s already possible by using ClyphX assignments.

On the second part, I’ll implement that within ClyphX.

Finally, there is only a single Global User Mode that works with all matricies (that’s the case with all of the Matrix Modes available from the site). I’ve edited the suggestion to reflect that.

UPDATE: Added INSAUDIO and INSMIDI to ClyphX in v2.5.6.

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?